Friday, May 20, 2011

Let us eat and drink...

5/20/2011


"Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die." - 1 Corinthians 15:32

Tal and greetings to everyone reading,

Never thought that I'd see a biblical passage quoted here on this blog, but it is apt as I will explain in a moment. It's been a hell of a week in my household. My Free Companion is recovering from her second surgery. Her mobility is extremely limited. I am in pre-testing for my surgery to repair my back, which will soon keep my off of my feet for several weeks. My girl is working to take care of us both, at this point.


In thinking about what to post this week and having several things on the burner, but not yet ready for mass consumption, I stumbled across an article which made my choice much easier. I don't have to make a choice. It won't matter, you see, because it's all over on Saturday. No blog post this week. Yeah, been nice knowing you, too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/20/us/20bcjames.html
(copy, paste and read)


So I leave you to read the article and to ponder at the short duration of the rest of your lives, while I, just in case, continue to care for my Free Companion, prepare for my own situation and try to remember how to party like it's 1999.


Be back next Friday.


I think.


Bear-