Friday, April 15, 2011

Hmmm....

What follows is one of a long series of essays which I published under the heading of The Bear Bitch Project.  These essays were available for public consumption from roughly early 1998 until 2004. While most of the topics in some manner concern "online Gor" (and my subsequent disillusionment in it) I am pleased to present these essays to my current audience both as a matter of topical interest and as a historical touch-point.

From me to you, enjoy.



====================================================================


Neither cast ye your pearls before swine. 
- Mathew 7:6

All men know the utility of useful things; but they do not know the utility of futility.
- Chuang-tzu 369-286 B.C.

Be Gorean or be gone! 
- Bear, 1996

The fatal futility of fact.
- Henry James The Spoils of Poynton

Everyone is not entitled to an opinion, everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
- Harlan Ellison

I myself am more and more inclined to agree with Omar and Satchel Paige as I grow older; Don't try to rewrite what has writ, and don't ever look over your shoulder.
- Ogden Nash

Truth is the cry of all, but the game of the few.
- George Berkeley

Poor, dear God. Playing Idiot's Delight. The game that never means anything, and never ends.
- Robert Emmet Sherwood

Man, if you gotta ask you'll never know.
- Louis Armstrong