Friday, April 8, 2011

Say what you mean, mean what you say

(Preface 2011: We're in the home stretch now, folks. Hang on!)

(What follows is a reprint of a previous writing of mine that appeared in The Gorean Voice, which I co-created and served as editor for a few years or on my previous blog - The Bear Bitch Project. The webzine is long defunct, and the archives of the site are sadly incomplete, but it pleases me to present my thoughts then, to my audience here. As always, if you have a question or comment, use the e-mail link in my profile down there somewhere.)

"Say what you mean, and mean what you say."

A rather straightforward statement, indeed. I wonder what its originator meant?

It is obvious to anyone who has spent time on-line in general, or in "cyberGor" in particular, that the vast majority of people who areon-linee do not follow the above axiom. The widespread practice of pretending to be what you do not have the strength and courage to be has become the norm, and those who choose to speak out in defense of the philosophy are sure to be portrayed as "zealots" by those who do not want their duplicity and ambiguity exposed.

Frankly, I would rather be on the side of the "zealots", for at least they say what they mean, mean what they say and believe in and manifest what they claim to be.

Here are some gems, collected from my years on-line, from those girls who sought (or in many cases, did not seek but wanted to appear as having achieved) Gorean slave girl status. Read, chuckle and nod your head as you see things here that you have noted in your own interactions, but I ask you to think, as well, about that person who is playing role, pretending to be what they cannot be due to their own lack of a vital ingredient, and how sad that kind of life truly must be for them.

For they lack the courage to be even a zealot.

I wish you well.
=====================================================================
When the subbie says: "I know I am going to be punished for saying this, but..."

What she means is: "I do not have the courage, strength or intelligence to actually be a Gorean slave girl. I find that when I have a point to make, it is more important to me to make that point in a manner that satisfies me than it is to make it in a manner that is pleasing to those free peoples that I wish to address. This is my failure, and since I have failed previously, I find that I can repeat it often, as Gorean men and women no longer expect much out of me."

When the subbie says: "girl believes that Master has stepped outside his role as Gorean in making this post, ergo, girl has not replied as a Gorean slave."

What she means is: "I am playing the role of a Gorean slave girl with the doms and subs around me. That is to say, I pretend on-line to be a Gorean slave girl, as the pretense is all I can really manage to accomplish. I know that I lack the courage, intelligence and fortitude to actually manifest this philosophy into my life, and I recognize that I do not have a strong owner who demands that I do nor can he ever take me there. Indeed, the truth of the matter is, that I own him, he does not own me, and I flaunt the manner in which I speak to actual Gorean men and women to demonstrate this. I do this in public before you, exposing his weakness and his lies about his being Gorean, because inside myself I hate him for being so weak and ineffectual. Since this can therefore only be a game to me, I must work to prove that it is so to everyone else as well, and I can call a "time out" when I wish to step outside the role I am playing and be myself; arrogant, sarcastic, scathing and displeasing. This would be fun, if I were not so angry, frustrated and frightened."

When the subbie says: "Yes master, but..."

What she means is: "Okay, you are right. But you frighten me, all Gorean men do. It is imperative that I maintain some room to maneuver, some grey area where I can stake out some space to wiggle and make room to be displeasing, if I so choose. For if I do not, I will find myself painted into a philosophical corner by my own words, one in which then will leave me no choice but to behave like an actual Gorean slave girl does. I know that I am not strong enough to manifest that dynamic in my life, let alone even pretend to act that way all the time, and besides, what fun is it really to be submissive to a man when HE wishes me to, rather than only when I wish to be so?

When the subbie says: "Yes Master" [smiles]

What she means is: "I have chosen not to be displeasing in this instance, I have chosen not to fail once more, simply because there is something further I want from you or this venue, and I realize that if I press a Gorean man or women beyond the point that they are amused by me, I will be excluded from their presence. It is that presence, despite the fear and frustration it causes me, that I crave, for while I can find a hundred men on-line who would beg me to take their collar and whom then I might own instead, my belly yearns for the very few menon-linee who are truly Gorean, who are strong and who actually live this philosophy in their lives. That is why I keep returning to their channels, their boards, their venues. I yearn for the day that one would see some value in me and would permit me to be the Gorean slave I wish to be in my heart. For now, I will bite my tongue, and perhaps he will notice me and find me pleasing. Then later, when he is mine, I can use my feminine wiles to work to change and mold him into something more comfortable to me. You see, I have done this with all the other men who have "owned" me, and I do this now with my "master" (whom I would release in a moment, if I could), so why would an actual Gorean man be different than these other men?"

And finally,

When a Gorean slave girl says: "Yes Master."

What she means is: "Yes, Master."